Hi,
I am using FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE and have compiled my kernel with optinion:
options         EXT2FS

In my /etc/fstab I have added:
/dev/ad0s6              /mnt/debian     ext2fs  rw      0       0

to mount my debian box.

everything works fine except one thing:
Shutting down via shutdown -p now ends up in the message:

syncing discs, buffer remaining 403938383838383838383
.....giving up on 38

This means that FreeBSD is not able to umount/sync the mounted partition
clearly.
I have tried in /etc/fstab also the sync option but it ends up with the
"syncing discs giving up" error message.
Only if I umount the ext2fs partition gives me a clean shutdown.

What can be done or how can I force the system to umount ext2fs partition
before shutting down?

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit