Hello,

We've got a funny setup. A freeBSD celeron 400 mhz gateway/fileserver with 384MB pc100 ram and 3 P4 3Ghz 512MB DDR400 PC's connecting to/through it.Our server does just fine, but we're having a problem with copying files greater than 16MB in size to the samba (v3) server. We get "cannot copy file xxxx. Path is too deep." We can copy smaller files without any problems though. The messages log also has another message that appears quite often "dc0: TX underrun -- using store and forward mode".

What should ii do? Can ii change some config files somewhere, or is the situation unhelpable due to the slow speed of our server? - I read somewhere that store and forward occurs when then machine can't IO fast enough.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gareth