On Oct 13, 2004, at 7:00 AM, Subhro wrote:

Are you authenticating yourself before attempting to send out mail to
the ISP SMTP. To prevent spammers, almost all ISPs allow the use of
their SMTPs only after you prove them that you are really a legitimate
customer. Also many ISPs wont allow you to use their mailservers
unless the IP which you are using (rather which had been assigned to
you) belongs to their own pool.

Regards
S.

I am trying to use my own SMTP server, not my ISPs. Not only that, but I AM trying to authenticate. As I said in my previous post, I can send when dialing in to the 'net, but not when connecting from the ghetto network I'm on here. Only SMTP traffic seems to be stopping/timing out. I can receive mail just fine.

Thanks.
-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks