Gary Kline wrote:

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:00:02AM -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 21:36, Gary Kline wrote:

        To the Gnome wizards out there,

I've been experimenting with different window managers
and need some tips on how making Gnome more comfortable feel. Here are some miscellaneous questions:

How do I create different sized xterms and/or gnome terms
of different sizes in different workspaces?

gnome-terminal can save settings in classes, and a class can be
specified on the launch command line. If you want them to open when
Gnome starts, add them in the session startup control.

<>
In what specific file? Say that I want two xterms with
a -14-- point type, one anchored at +0-0 and the other
anchored at +0+0. Also, let's say that I want one to
be initialized with '-iconic' and the other to be displayed.
Where is the session startup control? (i have looked for
docs on by-hand configuration; haven't found it.)

Clicky, clicky. Gnome Menu > Applications > Desktop Preferences > Advanced > Session ... pick the "startup" tab.

I *think* this is what you are asking?

I beg forgiveness in advance for a] butting in, b] any obtuseness,
missing the point, etc.

Kevin Kinsey