* Lowell Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [041014 08:55] wrote:
> Matthew Seaman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On the other hand, there is this:
> >
> >     http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-September/036786.html
> >

> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1001154+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/cvs-all/20040905.cvs-all
> >
> > so there will be autofs support in 5.3-RELEASE.
>
> That's on 6.x, not 5.x; is there any reason to think it will get
> MFC'd?  [At all; I'd be surprised if release engineering okayed
> it for 5.3.]

I'll probably immediately MFC it after the release.

Since it works on 4.x I might even bring it back there.

The main issue is that no one has stepped forward to write
the glue between my autofs and amd(8).  I'm too busy right now.

You can have fun with /usr/share/examples/autofs/autodriver
if you want to expiriment or try your own.

--
- Alfred Perlstein
- Research Engineering Development Inc.