Nattapoom Pumipun wrote:

i have problem can't install freebsd
my system is
cpu : intel pentium 4 2.8c
mainboard : tyan tomcat s5102
hdd : 2xseagate 40gb IDE
raid : promise fasttrax 378 onboard

i can't boot to install freebsd
it just boot from cd to line btx loader and then it will restart all time can't do anything

I try to install in 1 drive in primary ide it's work.

that raid can install winxp perfect and can boot to install linux normal but freebsd can't
how can i solve this problem

regard
Gle

I had a similar problem once. I was booting from a sata raid control and compiled a kernel without ata raid support. It would reboot after the modules preloaded and before the boot menu came up. I would recommend making a bootable cd with a custom kernel, or just a new one with the right(or all) drivers for raid.

I haven't heard of btx loader before, but google just came back with a load of stuff, including an email on the freebsd lists about a bios update fixing some raid controller that would otherwise prevent you from booting.