Not sure how to isolate this.  It has only happened once in the past few
months that
this server has been installed, but it's a critical server and the first
time I've ever had
a FreeBSD box have a kernel panic!

I'm running 4.10-RELEASE, IDE root & usr, vinum raid5 with 3 SCSI drives,
firewire
ide for backup, samba for storing everyones "My Documents", NFS client for
access
to an old SCO box via a samba share.

Weekly the ide and raid5 gets dumped to files on the firewire drive which is
then
swapped for the following week.

Daily a number of files on the raid5 get tar'd and gzip'd to another
directory on the
raid5.  The panic occured during one of these sessions.  The system was
locked
up tight in "syncing disks", I'm assuming because vinum needs malloc to
finish
the sync.

Although it occurred while vinum was very busy, is it likely it's vinum or
could
vinum have tripped over something done by something else (such as the
firewire swapping)?  Is there any way to get more information if it happens
again (I couldn't log in or anything)?

I googled the "wrong bucket" error and found many references to it, but
nothing
that really indicated the conditions that would cause it to occur.