h wrote:

if your yahoo mail is pop3, then you can process your mail with fetchmail + pine, it works like a breeze. you don't need X and you can do it from remote via ssh without any problem. make sure you quit pine before you access your email with other programs, tho.

You have mentioned quite a few terms that I am unfamiliar with (fetchmail, remote, ssh). I have started reading the mail section of the handbook at the moment but I would like to know if there are any other resources I should be looking at regarding mail?