At 01:24 PM 9/27/2004 -0700, David Rio Deiros wrote:
> So, let me get this straight....I am going to add:
>
> >device sio0 at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
>
> to the kernel configuration, aka the GENERIC file in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> if the
> system is not customized at all?

What you are doing is to tell the kernel what he needs to do to
configure that device. If by not "customized at all" you mean you don't
have the hardware in the computer yet, there is no problem, when you
will boot the kernel it will give up if there is no hardware.

By not customized, I mean that the file will be the GENERIC kernel config file. This doesn't seem to be the correct way as I get this error message:

config: /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC:279: devices with zero units are not likely to be correct

What file do I add this line to?:

device sio0 at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4

-Bob