Am Montag, 27. September 2004 13:42 schrieb Omer Faruk Sen:
> Hi,
>
> I need some suggestions (and maybe URL if you send) for Single Board
> Computers that runs FreeBSD without any problem.
>
> I am sure there are lots of people here that use FreeBSD on a SBC for
> different purposes. Can you point me where to start for Single Board
> Computers.(To learn conceptual terms that I have to be carefull on) I want
> to know what should I be carefull on if I want to use Single Board
> Computers as the FreeBSD will run on it.
>

> REGARDS
>
> PS: I have heard about Soekris. But I want to know about other producers.

Soekris was my first advise, alternatively there is nexcom, I have been very
satisfied in the past with (but they have lots of new products I don't know).
http://www.nexcom.com/0330/NexWeb/WebEN/WebGrp.aspx?GrpIDX=52000027
They also sell their boards alone, without the chassis and power supply.

If you can cope with a highly contrained (no USB, no IDE connector, no
PCI-Slot, only one serial port) SBC have a look at
http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm
These are the absolutely cheapest boards I know but compared to the soekris
4801 like mentioned very contraind regarding extension.

Then there is http://www.routerboard.com/, also GEODE based and very promising
but I have absolutely no experience nor any report from others about their
products.

Best regards,

-Harry