On 28 Sep 2004 22:43:21 -1000
Gary Dunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 11:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > The first time I used "portupgrade -arR".
>
> Slightly off topic, but are there args redundant? How would this differ
> from -a ? I'm still struggling to understand portupgrade.

hello gary,

the following brief article should clarify matters for you (page 2):
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/28/FreeBSD_Basics.html?page=2

i highly recommend clicking on and bookmarking 'All Articles' (black
frame on the right side of page, under BSD Content).  spend some time
there, it will be very much worth you while.

hth.

cheers,
epi