At 20:47 5-10-2004, you wrote:

LB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a general question that I hope someone can help me with. I was
> wondering why the powers that be have chosen to link /usr/local/www/data
> to /usr/local/www/data-dist instead of just creating
> /usr/local/www/data-dist directly. Can anybody help me with the idea behind
> this ?

Sorry about the double post. I resent wrong email. My bad....

But what I was supposed to post:

Sounds like a good idea. So deleting the symlink and creating a real data
directory would mean I have to physically copy any new version of web apps
installed by ports if they're upgraded by portupgrade ?

LB