I am planning to convert my redhat server (www.dallypost.com) to 5.x
freebsd when 5.x is released as stable. Until then, I am working with
5.1.2 to get familiar with it.

I have installed it on a dhcp network with the following:

dhcp server: 192.168.0.1
fedora computer: 192.168.0.2
bsd computer: 192.168.0.3

>From the v 5.x computer I can ping 182.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2.
When I try to ping 192.168.0.3, the ping fails. I can however ping
192.168.0.4 successfully. I cannot ping anything on the Internet.

Problem 1: During the install, I set the ip to 192.168.0.3, yet the bsd
computer is responding as 192.168.0.4.

Problem 2: Because I cannot ping the internet, I went to take a look at
etc/resolv.conf but it is not there.

I have installed v 4.9 on multiple occasions and it has always worked
fine. Installion of 5.1.2 exactly the same way fails to connect to the
internet via my gateway. Any help will be appreciated.