On Oct 19, 2004, at 12:38 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Oct 18, 2004, at 10:39 AM, Matty Moose wrote:

Also, when I shut down the Disk array, the BSD box shows: (noperiph:sym0:0:-1:-1): SCSI BUS mode change from HVD to LVD.

I'm not a SCSI expert, and I'm not on sure footing here with LVD vs
HVD, etc. Any help is much appreciated. :)

It is probably a HVD SCSI device and hooked to your single ended card won't work right... You may want to go to ebay and find an adaptec 2944 or other brand HVD card... (HVD = High Voltage Differential -- the old SCSI Differential standard)

Chad

Great! Thanks Chad!

If I were to buy an HVD card (Currently looking at the 3944AUW series --
more of them and cheaper), will I need to get an HVD cable as well? I
currently have a 68-pin external cable - And didn't specify HVD or LVD -
Any problems in using that for HVD devices?

Hi.. You need to make sure that you have a HVD terminator. Probably NOT built into your device (but could be I guess). The cable is probably OK. I am not an expert on HVD. I ran a system or two with a bunch of internal HVD disks I got cheap but that is the extent of it...

best
Chad

Thanks again, Matt