Well, every other computer on the network is listed as an "attached
   device" except the FBSD box. And, when I've booted Knoppix in the
   past, it showed up, too.

   Also, when I start Apache (2.0) I receive a message "Could not
   determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1
   for ServerName.
   Ruben de Groot wrote:

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 07:09:49AM -0400, Bill Schmitt (SW) typed:

I know I've seen the answer to this question somewhere here, but I can't
seem to find it. I'm running FBSD 4.9 on a machine which is connected to
a router (Netgear) that provides DHCP services. The FBSD box gets the IP
correctly (assigned based on the MAC address), but the router never sees
it by name. I have the name of the machine in the hosts file and
rc.conf, but the router never gets the name back. Can anyone help?

What makes you think the router *should* get the name back?