Louis LeBlanc wrote:

What makes a dual headed card?  My system invoice described the video
card as follows:

128MB DDR GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI 128FX52

So, I have a TV-Out *and* DVI port on this card.  I take it this isn't
the same, and I won't get the expected results by plugging the new
monitor into this port?

It just occurred to me that I do have onboard video, and that it should
be decent at least.  According to some of the reading I've already done,
the different video cards won't be a problem.

And, worst come to worst, I should be able "trade" (sshh! - she won't
miss it anyway!) the audio upgrade that wouldn't work in FreeBSD with my
wife's video upgrade (my audio upgrade was a modified SB Live card, and
she also has onboard video).  Her upgrade is the same card as mine -
different part number, but I suspect that simply reflects a lot number.

Cool.

But I do have to get a second card - the multiple outputs in this card
won't fit the bill, will it?

Lou

Say bye bye to DRI/GLX if you decide to go multi-head. It wont work, thats the downside I suppose, otherwise its great.
And yes, i had mine setup with a AGP card and the other was onboard, It worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

Regards,
   Frank