Geert Hendrickx wrote:
On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 01:42:26AM -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Joe Kraft
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 11:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Parental Controls

I believe this road is the way to go, I'm using postfix so if this exact solution doesn't work there is certainly a similar one.

Yeah, ok, right.

When you can get postfix to do this, let us know how you did it.

Ted

In postfix's main.cf, set always_bcc = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It forwards all incoming and outgoing mail to the address specified.

GH

OK, so what I did is similar to what Geert recommended. While I was looking up always_bcc, I found the sender_bcc_map and receiver_bcc_map, using the two of those I can specify which accounts to apply that for instead of blindly applying it to the whole site.

After I had that working, being one to not leave well enough alone, I set up up a virtual mail address to log these mails and allow us to review them and delete them.

For me it meets the overall monitoring requirement, but so burdensome as to make e-mail a pain for them. Thinking this through and speculating a bit, I could come up with a solution similar to the milter which puts stuff into a logfile by defining a transport that does that in the master.cf file.

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

Joe.