> I'm having a problem mounting a harddrive. Whenever I try to mount the
> drive I get bad superblock.  I have even cheated and booted the machine
> using knoppix and from there the drive mounts and reports the correct
> space being used, but when I run ls it lists absolutely no files. If any
> one has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Guess we will have to know more of what you have tried and
details on what results.

You say you are trying to 'mount a harddrive' but did you slice, partition
and build file systems on it?   Certainly if you did not do that you
would see a bad superblock error message.
What exactly are you trying to mount?

////jerry