On Oct 23, 2004, at 12:43 AM, Vulpes Velox wrote:

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:14:06 -0600
"Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

In reading one of the various performance threads recently in either

-questions or -current, I seem to recall someone mentioning a
utility that can be used to do some sort of "stress" testing.  The
reference was in a man page style  [ command(n) ] type reference in
the thread.  I though I saved it but cannot find it.  Is there some
sort of port or utility or command that can do general
system/sub-system stress testing?

I don't have any specific needs or requirements.  The reference just

looked interesting and I wanted to look into the facility mentioned
to see what it does and if it would be useful to me somehow to
stress new systems etc.

You may find something of interest under the bench marking section of the ports tree

Thanks to all who replied in-list or off-list.

Thanks
Chad