After portmap has been launched on my 4.10-RELEASE system, it creates
a multitude of child processes when mountd or ypserv is being
launched. Does someone know what might be the problem?

I haven't given you much detail about my setup, but I'm happy to
supply whatever information you might need.

Please cc me as I'm not regularly subscribed to this list, this
message might even bounce due to my lack of subscription.