Am Samstag, 30. Oktober 2004 12:18 schrieb Matthias F. Brandstetter:
> ---------- quoting Emanuel Strobl ----------
>
> > Why not, but you also have gmirror and ataraid, the former only on 5.3.
> > For ataraid you can use 'atacontrol create RAID1 ad4 ad6' for example
> > For gmirror you can use 'gmirror label -v -b split -s 2048 mrr ad4 ad6'
> > And you mentioned vinum and ccd already.
>
> why: because ccd seems not very good when it comes to replace a disk...
> and ad ataraid and gmirror: where do I find docs about them on internet?

Why going outside and searching the internet?
You have a complete operating system, and it's one of the best documented out
there. Just 'man ata', 'man atacontrol' and 'man gmirror'. Remember that
FreeBSD isn't just a hacked kernel with lots of stuff arround without any
sense, it's standardized an documented! ;)

-Harry