Oh... If you don't want to do the dumpster diving then you can get some good stuff here:
http://www.retrobox.com/rbwww/home/search_results_pc_computers.asp?bin_id=world&page=1&Manufacturer_ID=&CPU_ID=&CPU_Speed_ID=&RAM_ID=&HD_Size_ID=&CD_ROM_Flag=&Price=&order_by=price%5Fcurrent%5Fselling%5Fprice+asc
Shipping & Handling is $27.50 per unit though.

Nikolas Britton wrote:

Paul Hoffman wrote:

Greetings again. I'm looking to buy a couple of cheap old laptops to be used as temporary routers. They just need to be able to handle PCMCIA Ethernet cards, not much more (having an Ethernet connector on the motherboard is fine, of course.) I don't want to run XWindows, and I'm sure 64 MB and a 1gig hard drive would suffice.

Are there any brands/models I should lean towards? Ones I should avoid?

--Paul Hoffman

Here is a better idea!
Step 1: Go dumpster diving for old computers (Pentium 1 or better, 8MB IDE Storage Device or better, and a minimun of 48MB/Ram).
Step 2: Grab some networks cards wail your in the dumpster.
Step 3: Install said network cards into computers.
Step 4: Install and configure m0n0wall on said computers. http://m0n0.ch/wall/
Step 5: Profit???