Actually, the original question contains the tidbit that the machine doing the serving is also the problem child, i.e., all of the traffic that I need to redirect is being produced on the same box from that box's SMTP server.

Thanks for the explanation, though. Low-level TCP stuff is not my forte... yet.

Bill