On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 12:46:21PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >     I messed up something on myh primary server, where I run
> >     dhcp.  Since I did whatever-it-was, ssh takes at least two
> >     minutes to get from NS1 (aka 'sage'), and anywhere else.
> >
> >     Only on sage can I type 'ping foo.org' and get an immediate
> >     responce.  On any other server, typing 'ping' hangs forever.
> >     There is no "No route to server" error.  Of course nothing
> >     else works across my private network.  Nothing is
> >     resolvable.  This suddenly since around 18:00 local time.
> >
> >     In /var/db, myleases look valid.  (I just installed the newest
> >     dhcp-server.  Zip.  Anbody know where I'm screwing up?
>
> Sounds more like DNS problems...

        I did have one DNS error having to do with an incorrectly
        listed secondary.  Fixed it; made sure.  Still same symptoms.

        (I *was* mucking around with adding phpbb and other ports
        a few hours before dhcpd went south... Can't imagine how
        this would have affected anything.)

--
Gary Kline  Seattle BSD Users' Group (seabug)      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            Thought Unlimited Org's Alternate Email Site