On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 03:56:50PM -0400, Glenn Sieb wrote:
> (oops--I sent this to ports@ should have been here...sorry 'bout that!)
>
> Ok.. I'm getting used to the new modular php#-* packages.
>
> I would like to streamline this even further by including the proper
> entries in pkgtools.conf for portupgrade.
>
> So, for instance.. when it's upgrading, say databases/php4-dba, I'd
> like to have it just take the defaults of cdb, inifile and flatfile.
>
> Do I put this in the MAKE_ARGS section of pkgtools.conf?
>
> ~          'databases/php4-dba' => 'CDB=1 INIFILE=1 FLATFILE=1',
>
> I just want to check this against the ports-gurus on here. :)

Close.  What you need is actually something more like:

    'databases/php4-dba' => [ 'WITH_CDB=true',
                              'WITHOUT_DB4=true',
                              'WITHOUT_GDBM=true',
                              'WITH_INIFILE=true',
                              'WITH_FLATFILE=true', ],

Although since those variables are defined for you via the OPTIONS
mechanism (ie. you get one of those pop-up menus) you can
alternatively just run 'make config' in the databases/php4-dba
directory, and the values you choose will be remembered for you
whenever you update that port.  However, that's just another option
and setting stuff in pkgtools.conf should do the trick equally well.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way