Hello,

Sorry for the off-topic nature of this post, but I'd like to get a feel
for the responses from a community I trust.

I have a customer who's goal is to send approx 1,000,000 outgoing emails
per day.  That's about 12/second.   When it comes time to spec hardware,
I want to configure a machine that will handle the load with aplomb.
The box will be co-located so out-going bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.

One would think the most important sub-system on a box of this nature
would be a fast disk sub-system.  Also important, I would think, would
be a lot of system RAM to create as many simultaeous SMTP connections as
"feasible".

Is this sound reasoning?  Are there other factors to consider?  Any
documentation or mailing lists that I should consult?

Thanks for your help.

--
Regards,
Doug