On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:56:57 -0800, Tim Traver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> ok, this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know where I can find a
> simple script that shows the network traffic to and from your local box ?
<snip>
> there must be a simpler way...

If you are running 5.3-RELEASE there is systat

# systat -ifstat

systat exists in 4.x releases but I don't believe it has the -ifstat
option. It's only realtime - if you want long-term logging I would
suggest either mrtg or better, cacti + rrdtool which is much easier
(IMO) to setup (www.raxnet.net) and gives you the flexibility to
monitor just about anything.

Aaron