When I installed 5.3 RELEASE, the installation program, when
it was finished installing, said "Congratulations... to re-enter
utility after the system is up, type /usr/sbin/sysinstall."

However, the FreeBSD Handbook says to type /stand/sysinstall:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-final-warning.html
The Handbook makes no mention of /usr/sbin/sysinstall.

I find the following files are present:

 403488 Nov 4 17:27 /usr/sbin/sysinstall
2046148 Nov 4 20:22 /stand/sysinstall

When I invoke these programs, the screens that come up are
identical, and the functions seem to be the same.

Why are there two versions of sysinstall, one five times the
size of the other, and what are the differences between them
other than file size and time?

Jay O'Brien
Rio Linda, California, USA