Dundar Turker wrote:
Hi There,

I installed FreeBSD 5.3 from CD and later downloaded RELENG_5_3 from a FreeBSD CVS site, then added ath and ath_hal as devices in the kernel configuration file. I generated the new kernel and rebooted the machine with it successfully. However, still I cannot get the kernel to recognize my WG311 NetGEAR PCI card. I searched the net for possible solutions people provided but found none... There are a number of people repoting the same driver (or configuration) problem but there is no answer I could find.

I am very desperate now and not sure where to go from here...  Could you please
help to get this wireless network adapter to work. I looked into the output
from dmesg and there is not even a word to show it was seen by the kernel.

This is becoming a FAQ.

The chipset changed in midstream from atheros to Texas Instruments. You need to use the NDIS compatibility stuff in 5.3 to make this work.

It's very annoying.

Peter.

--

the circle squared