I am able to mount my windows partition manually by either:

> mount -t ntfs /dev/ad0s1 /windows

or by putting an entry in by /dev/fstab that looks like:

/dev/ad0s1             /windows          ntfs     ro              2       2

and using command:

> mount /windows

-however,

If I leave this entry in my /etc/fstab, the OS reports inconsistency errors on bootup when it tries to mount and goes into single-user mode. I then had to remount / for read-write and delete the line in the fstab before it would boot again.

Am I using the wrong syntax for the fstab entry ?- also, why does it mount manually with no error - but complain at boot time ?

-K