Erik Norgaard wrote:
Hi,

It appears that I have screwed my disk (60GB) thoroughly. I had used the sample install.cfg for sysinstall but it has "partition=exclusive" and not "all". I did

  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad0 count=1k

as explained in the faq, and the exclusive partioning was gone.

I can run sysinstall, slice up the disk and install stuff. But on reboot the system doesn't find a usefull mbr.

I can boot up a rescue disk, mount the partitions, read data stored and use any programs installed. But I can't recover or create a new mbr with

  dd if=/boot/mbr of=/dev/ad0

or with /boot/boot0, or use fdisk to manually set slices and active slice, run sysinstall and choose a bootmanager or similar.

Please, how to I get back an mbr and a working partition table?

Thanks!

Cheers, Erik

'fdisk -B' didn't work?

--