Hi there,

The site I downloaded the driver from mainly does drivers for Linux but they had a development version for BSD which I downloaded. The URL is http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/download.php?lang=en (BSD stuff athe the bottom of the page).

dmesg didn't mention the modem which is a Dlink DSL-200 USB ADSL modem which as usual only has drivers for Windows.

This seems to be the only way to get connected with this device.

Regards

Al

Chuck Swiger wrote:
Alistair Bryan wrote:

I downloaded and a driver for my adsl modem and, following the
instructions which came with the software, compiled the program.

In order to run it I tried to run one of the supplied scripts and got
the following error:

bash-2.05b# ./eci-doctor.sh
[: unexpected operator
You are using linux kernel version 5.3-RELEASE

It looks like you've obtained a Linux driver. FreeBSD isn't Linux, it's BSD.

You might take a look at dmesg and see whether FreeBSD already recognizes it, otherwise, it would help if you provided more detail about what your ADSL modem is and how it's connected (ie, ethernet, USB, serial port?)...