Jerry Hoover wrote:
I downloaded all 4 iso's and I have used Nero 5.5.9.9 to burn them to CD
EXCEPT "5.3-RELEASE-i386-disc2.iso"  The checksums all worked out.
5.3-RELEASE-i386-disc2.iso continues to lock up Nero, the others didn't.
Any ideas?  BTW:  I have downloaded that 1 file twice from 2 differant sites,
Same results.  Just that 1 file    HELP!

Sounds unrelated to the image itself.

And what is the differance between bootonly.iso and miniinst.iso?

miniinst.iso is everything in the "base system" without any packages (except Perl), but with the ports tree. I am not sure what bootonly.iso lacks that miniinst.iso has (almost certainly the ports tree).

<snip>

If you have broadband, I suggest using the miniinst.iso and either installing packages via FTP with /stand/sysinstall or building everything from ports. Since you are new at this: don't forget to CVSup your ports tree after you install. Also, if I were you, I would install portupgrade and always use portupgrade/portinstall instead of manually compiling ports.

-Tabor Kelly