Message: 5
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:49:09 +0000
From: Daniel Bye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ssmtp fails to open smtp server
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Mon, Dec 14, 2004 at 12:49:09 09 +0000, Daniel Bye wrote:

<snip>

>> su-2.05b# cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf
>> su: cd: /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf: No such file or directory

>This is actually to be found in /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/cf/

And so it is.

[---snip---]

>> And then created a ssmtp.conf file thusly:
>>
>> su-2.05b# more /usr/local/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> rewriteDomain=socal.rr.com
>> hostname=fuzz.socal.rr.com

<snip>

>It looks to me as if mailhub should be an fqdn of a mail relay server,
>not an email address...

Yep, these typos are killing me. That got ssmtp working, and I'm sending mail out quite nicely with mutt now. However, into each life a little rain must fall. Fetchmail is no longer working. After googling the error message I found that fetchmail uses sendmail to deliver mail to my mail spool, and I disabled sendmail after installing ssmtp. Hoepfully I can find a way to get fetchmail to deliver directly to my spool. Back to the man pages.

Thanks for your help.

Gary Schenk