O. Hartmann wrote:
Dominique Goncalves schrieb:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:33:02 +0100, Lukasz Bigo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:19:24 +0800
"Spades" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You could try /usr/ports/sysutils/healthd. I can also send You a small
PHP script which grabs some ACPI values using sysctl to draw a
thermomether (Apache+PHP+GD required), so You could check the CPU
temperature with Your browser. :)

I'm interrested by your script :-)

I have an ASUS CUR-DLS mainboard, BIOS 1012_007 beta and FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE, SMP disabled, ACPI enabled.
I think your script utilize hw.acpi.thermalxxx (thermal zone). But I can't find this on my computer 'grep' ing throught sysctl-output. Can anyone help?

Try installing the sysutils/xmbmon port, which is an alternative to healthd. You might have to fiddle with your kernel configuration to add smbus support, but for supported chipsets it usually works under GENERIC.

It's fairly easy to plug the output from mbmon into something like MRTG to produce nice graphs of CPU temperature over time.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way