David Banning wrote:

On the firewall it is difficult to block the win boxes because I -want- each machine to be able to contact each other, but I don't want the
windows boxes to have internet connection.

Now, that seems a little weird. Do you not have a hub or switch
other than the BSD box on this network? Unless you're doing
some strange routing or something, everybody on the wire
ought to see everybody else regardless of the settings on the
firewall (except they maybe won't see *it* ...)

DSL Modem <> BSD Box <> HUB <> All win boxes

Everyone does see each other. I just don't want the win boxes to see the internet; but I -do- want them to continue to see each other.

Giorgios' ipfw rules (last post in thread) take care of this well. I suppose I was just confused; even if you told the BSD box to block all traffic on the internal interface, the Winboxen would still be able to communicate. Probably I misread or misinterpreted your paragraph.

Hope all's well now.

Kevin Kinsey