--On Tuesday, December 21, 2004 10:46:54 AM -0500 Bruce Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm upgrading to mod_php4-4.3.10

[snip]

But I liked the old menu system, as it saved me figuring out the configure args. Was there a reason to move away from that, or is there a new mechanism I am not aware of ?

There's a new mechanism you are not aware of. Read /usr/ports/UPDATING (the php section). You now install php (the base) and php-extensions. The menu is now with extensions. You can do a make config if you want to make changes to it.

Make sure you read UPDATING. There's a gotcha in there having to do with the extensions_dir variable in the php.ini file.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member