Hello!

I got this:

satsmb# rpc.statd
rpc.statd: svc_tli_create: could not open connection for udp6
rpc.statd: svc_tp_create: Could not register prog 100024 vers 1 on udp
rpc.statd: cannot create udp service
satsmb# rpc.lockd
rpc.lockd: unable to register (NLM_PROG, NLM_SM, udp)

satsmb# uname -a
FreeBSD satsmb.local 5.3-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p2 #0: Wed Dec 22 01:59:37 MSK 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SATSMBK i386

I googled and pipermailed, but there are very few references to these messages, and they are unsolved mostly. Below is my kernel config. INET6 was left out, but is it mandatory for rpc services? Both services work okay for me on FreeBSD-4.10 without INET6 compiled into kernel.

machine i386 cpu I686_CPU ident SATSMBK

options SCHED_4BSD # 4BSD scheduler
options INET # InterNETworking
options FFS # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options SOFTUPDATES # Enable FFS soft updates support
options UFS_ACL # Support for access control lists
options UFS_DIRHASH # Improve performance on big directories
options MD_ROOT # MD is a potential root device
options NFSCLIENT # Network Filesystem Client
options NFSSERVER # Network Filesystem Server
options NFS_ROOT # NFS usable as /, requires NFSCLIENT
options MSDOSFS # MSDOS Filesystem
options CD9660 # ISO 9660 Filesystem
options PROCFS # Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options PSEUDOFS # Pseudo-filesystem framework
options GEOM_GPT # GUID Partition Tables.
options COMPAT_43 # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options COMPAT_FREEBSD4 # Compatible with FreeBSD4
options SCSI_DELAY=15000 # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options SYSVSHM # SYSV-style shared memory
options SYSVMSG # SYSV-style message queues
options SYSVSEM # SYSV-style semaphores
options _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time extensions
options KBD_INSTALL_CDEV # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options ADAPTIVE_GIANT # Giant mutex is adaptive.

device          apic            # I/O APIC

device          isa
device          pci
device          ata
device          atadisk         # ATA disk drives
device          ataraid         # ATA RAID drives
device          atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering

device atkbdc # AT keyboard controller device atkbd # AT keyboard device vga # VGA video card driver device sc device npx

device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          rl              # RealTek 8129/8139
device          vr              # VIA Rhine, Rhine II

# Pseudo devices.
device          loop            # Network loopback
device          mem             # Memory and kernel memory devices
device          io              # I/O device
device          random          # Entropy device
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          tun             # Packet tunnel.
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          gif             # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
device          bpf             # Berkeley packet filter

# Additional options
option          IPFIREWALL
option          IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
option          DUMMYNET