On Thursday 23 December 2004 11:30 am, Florian Hengstberger wrote:
> hi!
> Can anybody recommend an in deep guide to ipfw?
> I googled now for a longer time and found nothing really apropriate.
> The FreeBSD security howto is a little short, other guides
> don't cover security topics.
> Is there something like OpenBSDs pf-docu for ipfw?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Florian

Dru Lavigne has a column called "FreeBSD Basics" at O'Reilly's
ONLamp.com site.  A list of (links to) the articles can be found at:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/15

There is a series of articles covering IPFW -- the first was published
on April 25, 2001.  (The articles are listed in reverse chronological
order.)

While you're there, scan the list for other cool articles.

By the way, if you really like OpenBSD's pf documentation, you might
consider using pf in FreeBSD.  It is available by default in FreeBSD
5.3; and as a port for FreeBSD 4 STABLE (/usr/ports/security/pf).  The
OpenBSD documentation is easily applied to FreeBSD.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould