I installed gimp from ports and was very suprised to see that it looks fine. It has all the text in the menus and everywhere.

I am not sure how reliable this is for dependency checking, but I found that a 'make clean' will try to clean all the ports on which it depends.
This seems to produces a nice list of port dependencies. What I noticed was that gimp does not use pango and that everything that has a problem does. So I think the problem lies here somewhere. I tried to update it
in hopes that the new set up would maybe fix whatever went wrong. Silly me. Now I have a library dependecy problem and gnome-session fails on a
pango lib dependency.

I have my use data backed up, so now my question is: How do I completely
remove gnome so I can reinstall it? (To solve/avoid any and all dependency issues.)

Don