# Amy Dee:

[ Gkrellm2 plugin for folder changes ]
> Please notice I said folder, not file, so
> gkrellm plugins I found are only for file changes, not
> folder.

Have you tried those plugins?

Just like everything else, a directory *is* just a file.
Go ahead, use vi or most[1] to look inside! You'll see
a bunch of dirent(5) entries, one per file inside, plus
some zero-padding.

It's a pretty regular file actually (when compared to,
say, printers), the only special thing being the lack
of write access as only the kernel is allowed to write
to a directory. Which it automagically does whenever
a file within is added or removed.

So unless the plugin developer decided to allow
only regular files, you should be able to just use
it for directories as well.

HTH,
Mario

[1]:
I think less (more is really less here) is less willing
to cooperate on directories than most.