On Dec 29, 2004, at 9:52 PM, jason henson wrote:

On 12/29/04 21:55:17, Eric F Crist wrote:
Hello list,
I'm looking at trying to get a new WG311 Netgear wifi adapter working, and have discovered that the v2 cards use the Texas Instruments chipset. From what I understand, I need to get this working with the NDIS support in FreeBSD 5.3. Is there a good document out there on how to get this working? I've been farting around with the man pages and can't seem to get things right.
Thanks for the help.
Eric F Crist "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks -Homer J Simpson
What have you got it to do so far, what command did you use, what drivers did you use, any output you could post?

I used the man page and it was pretty easy, I just used the man page for the command syntax and what files I would need. Didn't have to read much beyond that, but I did anyway.

Well, here's what I've done so far:

1) Copied the netwg311.sys and wg311v2.inf files frome the Windows 2000 folder from the distribution CD-ROM.

2) Ran ndiscvt -i /home/ecrist/wg311v2.inf -s /home/ecrist/netwg311.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h as root

3) Copied ndis_driver_data.h to the /usr/src/sys directory.

4) Added the following lines to my custom kernel config (GROG)
                options NDISAPO
                device ndis

5) Ran (from /usr/src) make buildkernel KERNCONF=GROG

6) Ran (from /usr/src) make installkernel KERNCONF=GROG

7) Rebooted (no ndis0 listing in ifconfig output)

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks.