Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.

I did run "REPAIR TABLE event" from phpmyadmin and there where no problems with that. No Error here.

But when I point my browser to my snort page and select the timeframe for the alerts to all I get the error message after a few seconds:

Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /usr/local/www/snortreport/DB_mysql.php on line 38
Got error 127 from table handler

However if i select a day as a time frame it works and I can select up to forteen days. If i select thirty days or every thing logged I get the error above.

From phpmyadmin if I select the database named "snort" and I click on the table "event" i get an warning/error message that are as following:

"More than one INDEX key was created for column `timestamp`"

Is that anything serious?

So I hope I have described enought to make any conclutions about this. I have also restared both mysql and snort but that does not help either.

Thanks in advance and a happy new year!

<Hello,
<
<You need to login to mysql command prompt and do a REPAIR TABLE event; <in
<that database, and it will clear it right up.
<
<Sincerely,
<
<Scott Kupferschmidt
<ISPrime, Inc.
<866.502.4678 ext. 3
<AIM: Scott ISPrime - ICQ: 174337249
<
<On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Mattias Björk wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> After a power failure and my computers went down, I have been starting
> to get error messages in sys log and on the console:
>
> Dec 28 19:50:52 setiathome snort: database: mysql_error: Can't open
> file: 'event.MYI'. (errno: 145) SQL=INSERT INTO event
> (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '10', '4', '2004-12-28
> 19:50:52.597+001')
>
> Im not an expert on SQL and database servers etc and have followed this
> guide to make snort work with MySQL:
>
> http://bsdguides.org/guides/freebsd/security/snortreport.php
>
> I didn't find that too hard and it worked when I did it some months ago.
> But now after the reboot/restart of the system, the fault that I
> described abow have arised. I have had similar power failures before and
> that did not create this problem.
>
> And I have checked in /var/db/mysql/snort after the file event.MYI and
> its there:
>
> setiathome/var/db/mysql/snort# ls -l event.* 9:35PM
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 560343 Dec 28 13:27 event.MYD
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 1786880 Dec 28 16:38 event.MYI
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 8642 Nov 13 18:29 event.frm
> setiathome/var/db/mysql/snort#
>
> So Im clueless to what could be causing the problem that I have. Perhaps
> its the wrong list to send this mail. But I thought that its the closest
> that I could think off.
>
> Best regards Mattias Björk

Best regards Mattias Björk