On Jan 1, 2005, at 11:19 PM, Timothy Luoma wrote:

On Jan 1, 2005, at 6:25 PM, Eric F Crist wrote:

I would recommend setting up the lpd daemon.  This is supported by Mac
OS X be default, so there's not a whole lot to setup.  No Rendevous
necessary.

Thanks Eric. I'll try that. I was thinking Rendezvous would be easier than setting up lpd, but I might be wrong. I'm not even sure that my printers (Brother 1240 and HP Deskjet something) support Rendezvous or how it works.

TjL

No problem. If that Brother 1240 is a b/w laser, you're going to need to setup apsfilter first. Then just make that printer accessible from the rest of the network. The other thing you *could* do is purchase a network print server. I got one off eBay for about $40 from Zero One Technologies 01tech.com (that's a zero-one). A little difficult to setup at first, but works great!

HTH
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson