I believe this is my last question. I need to do some math. Anyone familiar with ipfw knows that you can add a rule with:

ipfw add [num] my firewall rule

What I'm trying to do is have that number auto-computed. So, my command *should* look something like:

$ipfwcmd add [rulenum1 + 50] my firewall rule $other $variables

Make sense? I just want to add a new rule, let it figure out the rule number. That way, I can leave a space of 48 rules (for minor, on-the-fly tweaking, etc.

Thanks.
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson