[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

------------------

Your point might have some teeth if the "newer" version were better, but the entire problem is that 5.x is much worse than 4.x, so there lies the
issue. 4.10 is NOT supposed to be an "old" version. Its the production
version. Because its readily admitted that 5.x is not yet ready for prime time by those in the know. And its not properly suppored.

Thats strange, http://www.freebsd.org says 5.3 is the Production release and 4.10 is the (legacy) production release
I guess they just dont teach you words like "legacy" in troll school.

The truth is that you are in awe of a "team" that has done a terrible job of transitioning to a new version, who can't get the new version to perform at close to the levels of the previous version after several years, and who have time and time again failed to meet their promised performance targets. They force their customer base to use the slothy thing, because modern motherboards and comm cards dont work in 4.x. And you stand and cheer them. Like a bunch of blind men cheering the one-eyed fool.

If they've done such a bad job, why not contribute something other than useless rants on the lists?
And what customer base? I dont think the FreeBSD Foundation is trying to "sell" their product. and who
says all modern/new cards are supported in 4.x, I've used several new devices on 4.x without problems.
Why dont you just install windows and be happy with your OS that "just works".

Regards,
   Frank Laszlo