Hi,

I have an amd64 server machine with a 3ware 8506-4lp raid controller and
succeeded in installing the FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE on this machine in safe
mode, but it boots only in safe mode. I've upgraded the kernel to stable,
but there's no result.
I don't know what's the difference between the safe mode and the normal
mode, in fact. Anyway, I'd like to play around with the setings, and when
there isn't a better solution, then I'd rather change the default boot
method to safe mode.
Please give me some advices, otherwise I'll get out of the time. The next
week is the deadline, the server should work until then.

Best regards,

Gábor Kövesdán