Sean wrote:

Thanks Aaron,

That did the trick.
Questions however.
The DISTFILES= statement you added is obviously different from the DISTFILES+= in the (WITH_OPENING_BOOK) section.
Does the + symbol just mean in addition to the main file?

Welcome Sean,

I believe the '=+' symbol means an addition to the current distfiles. If there are multiple files than all of the distfiles need to be specified(including the main one). When WITH_OPENING_BOOKS is defined that makes multiple distfiles, because of the specific package required by opening books.

I am guessing if I am correct in the + comment above that an 'EXTRACT_ONLY" statement is not needed because it is an additional file to the main?

The statement is needed, because EXTRACT_ONLY is telling 'make' to only attempt to extract the specified files. The second distfile isn't suppose to be unzipped; which, brings me to a certain realization that the EXTRACT_ONLY statement should be in the WITH_OPENING_BOOKS section; as it is only relevant when there are mulitple distfiles.

I did a bit more research and realized my modification does not pass through 'portlint' without warnings; as the DISTFILES statement should not be used when only one distfile is needed(this occurs when WITH_OPENING_BOOKS is not used). I came up with a solution that passes through 'portlint' with flying colors. Just add:
DISTFILES+= ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX}
to the WITH_OPENING_BOOKS section. I'll send this to the maintainer as well.

Looking at another Makefile, the gcompris2 one to be exact, I do not see
an EXTRACT_ONLY line. I looked at two others and they also do not have an EXTRACT_ONLY line.
This statement is only needed in certain circumstances, or there is more then one way to do the same thing?

You are correct, the statement is only needed if one or more distfiles does not need to be unzipped.
-Aaron Myles Landwehr