On Friday, 21 January 2005 at 22:14:13 -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> On  Friday, January 21, 2005 9:28 PM, stheg olloydson wrote:
>>
>> This is a bikeshed question, i.e. everyone is expert enough to have an
>> opinion. As such this has been discussed numerous times on this list.
>> search the archives and pick whatever theory seems reasonable for your
>> use.
>> BTW, having "GNU/Linux -> Freedom" in your sig file when posting to a
>> *BSD list is a bit of a _faux pas_, wouldn't you agree?
>
> Probably not as much as a faux pas as posting the same message TWICE,
> stheg,
>
> (note message ID's)

None of the above help improve the standard of the channel.

A few weeks back we discussed closing down the FreeBSD-newbies mailing
list, because just about everything on it is a technical questions.
One of the biggest objections was "but the people on -questions are so
unfriendly".

Can we try to change that?

Greg