On Jan 22 at 15:02, Gerard Samuel launched this into the bitstream:

> gabriel wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "try the jetdirect,"
>>
> PORT     STATE SERVICE
> 9100/tcp open  jetdirect  <=== This One
>
> Jetdirect is HP's print server

You mean the blackbox ("JetDirect") sold in better stores is essentially
existing within FreeBSD/Ports already?

Damn, I was on the *verge* of heading out next week to buy one of those
given that I could *not* get my "all-in-one" HP psc2105 to function at
all. I'd given up after days of struggle since the end didn't seem to
justify the means. (Windows XP box is pretty much up 24/7 anyway for
anyone who needs to print)

Regards,
-Colin